Are you getting ready to visit the top shoulder specialist in Columbus, OH for shoulder surgery? If so, you may be wondering what you will do with yourself during those weeks of recovery. Many of us lead busy lives, and the idea of slowing down for even a few weeks is not appealing, but how well you recover is just as important as the surgery itself. The good news is that you don’t have to be bored during those weeks. The following is a list of ways to entertain yourself after your surgery:
- Read- Between your kids, your job, and your social life, you probably haven’t had much time to crack open a book lately. Now is a great time to finally grab that book that you’ve been meaning to read. If you are too groggy to read, you can always listen to an audio book.
- Board games- Just because you are recovering, doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy your family. Board games are a wonderful, low-key activity that will be fun for your entire family!
- Talk to friends and family- You probably have a few people that you have been meaning to get in touch with, but you just don’t have time. Your recovery time is the perfect opportunity for you to reconnect with old friends and long-lost relatives.
- Catch up on your favorite show- Has your DVR started to fill up? While you may not have hours of time to watch Grey’s Anatomy or Scandal during your normal schedule, you have plenty of time now!
- Learn a new language- There are many things that you can do to still be productive after your surgery, and using Rosetta Stone to learn a new language is just one of them.