Although advances in shoulder resurfacing in Columbus, OH have made surgery less painful and easier to recover from, it is still surgery and it can make many people nervous. Our top shoulder specialist is not only dedicated to providing you with the care that you need, but also to helping you to feel as comfortable as possible about your surgery. That is why we have come up with this list of tips to help you to prepare for your surgery:
- Learn about your surgery- Educate yourself about your future surgery! When you have a firm grasp on what’s ahead, it won’t seem as scary to you. A great place to learn the information that you need is through our Patient Education Center.
- Consider your options- There are risks and benefits with any kind of surgery, and it is important that you weigh them carefully, so that you can make an informed decision on your own.
- Make plans- Give yourself plenty of time off of work for your recovery. It is also a good idea to follow the tips from our previous blog about preparing your home for your recovery.
- Be ready to work- No one would ever say that physical therapy is easy. It will take a great deal of work on your part in order to recover completely. Be ready to make physical therapy a priority and work hard!
- Talk with experienced friends and family- Chances are, you probably know someone who has shoulder surgery before. They are your best source for understanding what’s to come.